Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Call me crazy...

...but I’m leaving Netflix.

I wasn’t even remotely considering looking elsewhere, but I was referred to a hiring manager by a former co-worker that I have a huge amount of respect for, so I agreed to meet. It turns out the manager was looking to fill an exciting, impactful position with plenty of room for innovation, for which my skills and experience are a close match. I eventually decided it was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up.

Even so, making the decision to leave Netflix was one of the most difficult I’ve ever had to make. I even initially turned down the offer, before realizing just how excited I was by the work I’d be doing.

There is absolutely nothing that any of my co-workers or Netflix as a whole did or didn’t do that led to this decision. On the contrary, I enjoy my work at Netflix and may never again work in such a supportive environment and culture. And I doubt I’ll ever again work with such a talented group of people (unless I someday return to Netflix). I’ve learned a great deal there over the last 15 months, and had more than one person’s share of fun. I’ll miss that job.

3 comments:

Peter said...

"You're Crazy!" ;) I wish you luck in your exciting new position, and would love to hear the details when you're able. And thanks for updating the yacitus blog!

yacitus said...

I'm sorry I post so sporadically here. I'll see if I can make time to do so more often. Maybe even before I'm ready to post the details of my new position.

Thanks for reading Peter.

Stephanie Blue said...

I left Netflix, too. And, I must say, I don't miss it a bit.

Actually, I came across your blog from another site where you asked a question about doTERRA oils. I couldn't find your direct email address. I've been using doTERRA oils for a while and LOVE the products. If you are interested, I can link you to a bit of research as well as share some crazy healing testimonials that I've seen in my friends (chronic ear infections, IBS, C-Diff, and more). I can be reached at sonicglow@gmail.com

Thanks!